Currently, I am assistant professor in Software Architecture at the Department of Information and Computing Science at Utrecht University. My research focuses on behavioral aspects within software architectures, such as the design and verification of component-based systems, process modelling, and Petri nets.
Until october 2013, I have been a researcher in the Architecture of Information Systems group at the Technische Universiteit Eindhoven. I have obtained my M.Sc. (ir.) degree in Business Information Systems at the same university. I received my PhD (dr.ir.) in February 2011, both at the Technische Universiteit Eindhoven and the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
After a bit more than four years of hard work, I defended my thesis and propositions on February 15th at 16:00. The defense was held in Zaal 5 of the Auditorium at the Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (presentation). I obtained my Doctor's degree from both the Technische Universiteit Eindhoven and the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
- SBP'12: Joint Workshop On Security in Business Processes
- WooPS 2012: Workshop on Petri Net Security
- Kare 2011: Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition, Reuse and Evaluation (KARE 2011)
- WfSAC: the First BPM Workshop on Workflow Security Audit and Certification
- eKNOW 2011: the Third International Conference on Information, Process, and Knowledge Management
- eKNOW 2010: the Second International Conference on Information, Process, and Knowledge Management
In my little spare time, I also play spanish music in a student association called Tuna Ciudad de Luz. It's lot of fun - I encourage everyone to become a member of some student association (not only a study association!) - but as you can see, I keep working....
dr.ir. J.M.E.M. van der Werf Universiteit Utrecht Department of Information and Computing Sciences Buys Ballot Laboratory, office 584 Princetonplein 5, De Uithof 3584 CC Utrecht PO Box 80.089 3508 TB Utrecht The Netherlands T: +31 (30) 253 1807 E: j . m . e . m . vanderWerf [AT] UU . nl